Here's how it works.
Our return policy allows us to maintain consistency as we process returns and credits with all of our retail partners. Pet Food Experts will provide credit for any errors we make in shipping products, for products damaged in transit, and for any shortages. Credit may also be issued on behalf of vendors for quality control issues and consumer returns. To receive credit for your returned products, please read and understand the following guidelines so that credit can be issued to your account as quickly as possible.
When contacting Pet Food Experts about a return, please provide your store name, account number and invoice number. Approved RGAs will be emailed to you — please have printed RGA and items to be returned ready for the driver with your next delivery.
Pet Food Experts Returns
First, start by inspecting all products upon receipt of your delivery by Pet Food Experts. Damages, shortages, mis-picks, and other ordering errors must be reported to Customer Care using our Discrepancy Form within 48 hours of delivery.
Reasons for return
- High-Value Items & Frozen Items: Bayer (Advantix, Advantage, and Seresto) products and all frozen items must be checked at the time of delivery with the driver. The driver will write up a Driver Return Voucher and submit it to Customer Care for an invoice adjustment. No credits will be issued after the delivery check in.
- Short-Dated Product: Pet Food Experts defines a short-dated product as any product with 90 days or less remaining before expiration. If you believe we have shipped short-dated product, please contact Customer Care within 48 hours of delivery. We will investigate but will only provide credit if warehouse inventory is similarly short-dated.
- Expired/Expiring Product: Pet Food Experts does not credit for product that has expired due to poor movement or lack of rotation. Please contact your vendor representative for credit or replacement for all expired goods.
- Infested or Moldy Product: If you believe we have shipped moldy or infested product, please contact Customer Care within 48 hours of delivery. Please have an invoice number, item number, lot code, best by date and photos available.
- Overstock Returns: Pet Food Experts does not guarantee the sale of any item. While we suggest that slow moving/overstock items be discounted at the retail level, saleable items that have been purchased from Pet Food Experts may be returned with prior approval, providing it has 90 days remaining before “Best By” date. Products must be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. Any return in this category will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Please note: Any product not returned within 30 days of purchase will no longer be eligible for return and the RGA will be deleted. Product returned with price stickers of any kind, without original packaging, permanently marked in any way or otherwise deemed unsalable will not be eligible for credit and will be returned with your next delivery.
Most vendors will authorize Pet Food Experts to credit retailers for products returned by consumers. In order to receive credit, please complete the Pet Food Experts consumer return form, attach the UPC and scan or mail the form to the Customer Care department.
The vendors listed below require completion of our Consumer Return Form and the UPCs attached, or credit will not be issued:
Fromm requires paper copies of all consumer return forms with the UPCs attached. Scanned/emailed, or digital copies of any kind will not be accepted.
Please contact our Customer Care team by email, fax, or phone:
- 800-637-7338, then select option #2
Forms and UPCs can be scanned and sent in via email or be mailed to:
Pet Food Experts
ATTN: Customer Care
PO BOX 8
Pawtucket, RI 02862